It is that time of the year again!
One of the largest Summer Chess Camps in Arizona is here again.
Summer Chess Camp + USCF tournament is Tucson is now open for registration! We had over 75 participants in 2016.
Open to all ages and skill levels, this wonderful Tucson tradition is in its 13th year. Download your registration form below!
Invitational basis only. Earliest applicants will be considered first, and spots will be reserved in the order in which they are received. The approximate rating division for the groups will be as follows:
Group A (Wildcat) 100-600 USCF ( 4 years old and up )
Group B (Coyote) 600-1000 USCF
Group C (Hawks) 1000-1400 USCF
Group D (Bears) 1400-1800 USCF
Evening Events: Simul / Blitz / Bughouse.
Prizes in each category.
* Additional groups may be added if groups exceed the estimated participants numbers. Borderline players can be moved up or down at my discretion to better fit the overall strength of that particular group. All ages are welcome.
Small Camp Poster: Download here: WA17 card 5×8
Poster: Download here: WA 17 camp poster 8.5×11
Invitational Letter/ Registration form: Download here: / Camp Invitational Letter’17
Online registration: at Events4chess.com
International School of Tucson. 1701 E Seneca St, Tucson, AZ .
General: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Lunch Break from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
Evening activities: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• First 50 registered participants in any group: $325 if registered by June 9th, $25 more by June 15th, and an additional $25 by June 17th (if space is still available). On site- $400
• $100 non-refundable deposit by the due date to reserve a spot.
Please email ACFS with any questions.
• Family discounts available
• School discounts for 5+ participants from the same school
ACFS will host a USCF-rated tournament—on June 24th. This tournament is free for all Western Alliance ’17 Camp participants, but non-participants are welcomed to join for a normal fee of $25.
This is an all-day chess camp with the Main event and Side events each day.
The Main Event will take place each day between Tuesday and Friday (9AM-4PM)
The Side events will include a Simultaneous exhibition, Blitz Tournament, Bughouse tournament and on the last day (June 27th) a COMPLEMENTARY USCF Tournament to all Camp participants.
Preliminary/ Possible Coach and helper list: IM Levon Altounian (confirmed), IM Aleksei Duilgher,FM Ken Larsen (confirmed), Experts Andy Lebovitz, Robert Keough, Josh Leonard, Andy Lin, Rohan Mittal, Anshul Adve, Bryan Hu, Dallas Elkins, Matthew Coy and others.
Registration and Discounts
To register, please download out camp packet below or email organizer Levon Altounian for details: email@example.com.