It is that time of the year again!
One of the largest Summer Chess Camps in Arizona is here.
Summer Chess Camp + USCF tournament is Tucson is now open for registration! We had over 85 participants in 2017.
The Camp is open to all ages and skill levels, this wonderful Tucson tradition is in its 14th year. Download your registration form below!
Invitational basis only. Earliest applicants will be considered first, and spots will be reserved in the order in which they are received. The approximate rating division for the groups will be as follows:
Group A (Wildcat) 100-600 USCF ( 4 years old and up )
Group B (Coyote) 600-1000 USCF
Group C (Hawks) 1000-1400 USCF
Group D (Bears) 1400-1800 USCF
Evening Events: Simul / Blitz / Bughouse.
Prizes in each category.
* Additional groups may be added if groups exceed the estimated participants numbers. Borderline players can be moved up or down at my discretion to better fit the overall strength of that particular group. All ages are welcome.
Small Camp Poster: Download here:
Poster: Download here:
Invitational Letter/ Registration form: Download here: /
Online registration: at Events4chess.com
International School of Tucson. 1701 E Seneca St, Tucson, AZ .
General: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Lunch Break from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
Evening activities: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• First 50 registered participants in any group: $350 if registered by June 11th, $25 more by June 17th, and an additional $25 by June 20th (if space is still available). On site- $425
• $100 non-refundable deposit by the due date to reserve a spot.
Please email ACFS with any questions.
• Family discounts available
• School discounts for 5+ participants from the same school
ACFS will host a USCF-rated tournament—on June 30th. This tournament is free for all Western Alliance ’18 Camp participants, but non-participants are welcomed to join for a normal fee of $25.
This is an all-day chess camp with the Main event and Side events each day.
The Main Event will take place each day between Tuesday and Friday (9AM-4PM)
The Side events will include a Simultaneous exhibition, Blitz Tournament, Bughouse tournament and on the last day (June 29th) a COMPLEMENTARY USCF Tournament to all Camp participants.
Preliminary/ Possible Coach and helper list: IM Levon Altounian (confirmed), IM Aleksei Duilgher,FM Ken Larsen (confirmed), Angelina Belakovskaya, Experts Andy Lebovitz, Josh Leonard, Andy Lin, Rohan Mittal, Anshul Adve, Bryan Hu, Ed Kessler, Steve Ostapuk, Dallas Elkins, Matthew Coy and others.
Registration and Discounts
To register, please download out camp packet below or email organizer Levon Altounian for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.